Project: GE 65 Megawatt Condensing Steam Turbine Sole Plate Refurbishment
To remedy the original 1970 circa installed machinery foundation deterioration.
- Dynamic Field Services removed the steam turbine and condenser hood.
- We excavated and removed the original sole plates for refurbishment and machining.
- We repaired the foundation for the sole plates.
- Reinstalled equipment to obtain a maximum of .001″ alignment tolerance
- The result of our work realized a significant reduction in overall machinery vibration amplitudes.
- This has improved equipment reliability and performance at all operating load values.
- The client is satisfied as the refurbishment has restored his equipment reliability.